Select this link to read my Vita in PDF.
Selected Publications and Projects
- “Using Isocrates to Teach Technical Communication, Collaborative Knowledge Building, and Civic Engagement.” Journal of Technical Writing and Communication (publication in 2015). Peer-reviewed publication.
- “Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration: Fostering Professional Communication Skills in a Graduate Accounting Certificate Program.” Across the Disciplines: A Journal of Language, Learning, and Academic Writing 11.1 (2014). With Joe Langmead. Peer-reviewed publication.
- “Toward Participatory Civic Engagement: Findings and Implications of a Three-Year Community-Based Research Study.” Computers and Composition: An International Journal 32 (2014): 22-40. Single author. Peer-reviewed publication.
- “Eloquentia Perfecta in a Digital Age: A New Media Legacy of Jesuit Education.” Conversations on Jesuit Higher Education 43 (2013). With Jenn Fishman. Invited publication.
- “Writing Centers and Students with Disabilities: the User-Centered Approach, Participatory Design, and Empirical Research as Collaborative Methodologies. Computers and Composition: An International Journal 29.4 (2012): 341-366. With Morgan Sousa and Dana Driscoll. Peer-reviewed publication.
- “The Engaged Dissertation: Three Points of View,” in Collaborative Futures: Critical Reflections on Publicly Active Graduate Education. Syracuse, NY: Graduate School Press, Syracuse U. 2012. With Linda Bergmann and Jaclyn Wells. Peer-reviewed publication.
- Dissertation Project: The Community Writing and Education Station, 2010. With Jaclyn Wells
- “Usability Research in the Writing Lab: Sustaining Discourse and Pedagogy.” Computers and Composition: An International Journal 26.2 (2009): 107-121. With Michael Salvo, Jingfang Ren, and Tammy Conard-Salvo. Peer-reviewed publication.
- “Stasis Theory as a Strategy for Workplace Teaming and Decision Making.” Journal of Technical Writing and Communication 38.4 (2008): 363-385. Nominated for the 2009 NCTE Scientific and Technical Communication Award. Single author. Peer-reviewed publication.
- “Usability Research and User-Centered Theory for 21st Century OWLs” in The Handbook of Research on Virtual Workplaces and the New Nature of Business Practices. Hershey, PA: Idea Group Publishing, 2008. With Dana Driscoll, Michael Salvo, and Morgan Sousa. Peer-reviewed publication.
- Review of Web Accessibility: Web Standards and Regulatory Compliance by Jim Thatcher et al. Technical Communication, Journal of the Society for Technical Communication 54.2 (2007): 254-256. Single author. Peer-reviewed publication.
- Purdue OWL Usability Research Project, 2007. With Michael Salvo, Dana Driscoll, Morgan Sousa, and Jo Doran.